Thursday, December 19, 2013

I Self Published My Novella, What Next


     After having a cup of coffee in my favorite cafe, I moved to the shaded spot in the park. The elderly gentleman who frequented that spot and who often struck a conversation with me asked about the book I was writing. I said,
    Yes, I finished my novella and posted it on Smashwords which in turn distributed it to Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Sony and a host of others.
    He was happy about it and hoped to read it. Well, who knows, a person can never have enough romance.
Last December 8, I was able to finally publish my romance novel. This exercise instilled in me the value of perseverance, patience and the knowledge that every drop of sweat is worth it.
    Before I joined the #romanceclass, I had 3,000 words of a scene, which I have kept in my creative box(which is of course imaginary). I didn't know how to move on from there.
    Then I joined the #romanceclass, mentored by bestselling romance authoress Mina V. Esguerra. The class met once every two months in cafes where we swap experiences on writing.
    I was egged on by the knowledge that after finishing it, it would be published. And by following certain guidelines, doing research, comparing notes, writing 500 words a day (my own choice of pace for now),I was able to do it.

I have learned that:
1.I want to write.
2.Writing is a need for me.
3.Although not everyone would support you, the few ones that you can find are priceless.
4.After writing the first one, there's a second one.
5.Learning is fun.
6.I have found my Alaska.






No comments: