Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Regent, Singapore



      My first day in Singapore and I had a relaxing day at the Regent Hotel which is also owned by Four Seasons. My son Dennis and his wife Charisma came from Macau for a 3 day trip and from Manila I met them at the hotel. They were a little anxious that I might get lost but the drivers here are so gracious and respectful to foreigners like us.
    This hotel is at the Cuscaden Road and just adjacent to Tanglin Mall. The Botanic Gardens of Singapore is just a fifteen minute walk away. Along the way is the British Council and Australian office.


The scenic elevator inside the plush lobby of the hotel is surrounded by plants with water spouts that make the ambience relaxing and inviting.
 I lounged around the lobby waitingfor my brother and his friend.

My brother Adi who has stayed in Singapore for 4 years  took us around the city.

 From the windows of our room, the Tanglin Mall can be viewed.And here you can see the rooftop resort like pool of the Tanglin Mall.


The first night we ordered in since we were too tired to  move. We had Singaporean, Malaysian and American cuisine.



No comments: